Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide immediate in-person response to secondary student mental health crisis and determine initial triage.
- Conduct crisis assessment with secondary students which includes the nature of the crisis, secondary students’ emotional state and/or mental health, level of risk.
- Develop and implement a coordinated crisis response to resolve the crisis.
- Arrange for supportive counselling, information referral to other secondary services.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of mental health diagnoses, medications, treatment, and support resources.
- Diploma or degree from an accredited College or University in a Human Services field and/or related work experience.
- Mental Health First Aide an asset.
- ASIST Training an asset.
- Past experience working with Secondary Students.
- Valid driver’s license.
Apply Today! Send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com