Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, coordinate and conduct suicide prevention activities, workshops, to Secondary Students.
- Attending to emerge visits and advocating for students in a culturally competent way.
- Work in conjunction with mental health counsellors and contract psychologists to determine suicide prevention needs of the WFNC Communities.
- Some travel to Northern communities in the summer months will be required.
- Travel to the WFNC office in Sioux Lookout required on a occasional basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience working with First Nations Youth.
- Experience in working with youth who use substances, experienced trauma, experienced suicide ideation, etc.
- Knowledge of intervention strategies related to substance use, suicide prevention, use and neglect of children and youth, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Trained in SafeTalk, ASIST and Mental Health First AID.
- A valid drivers license and access to a vehicle to travel from school locations on a daily basis in Thunder Bay.
For more information, click here
Apply Today! Send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org